HYB: optimism?
  • Subject: HYB: optimism?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:38:40 -0500

They are so cute when they are babies.

Several seedling crosses this time - mostly descendants from IMM, HoM,
several F1s from RENOWN. Only two are seedling X seedling. Several of
the ALL MY DREAMS crosses are up - yay!

Other "outsider" successful donors in this bunch that are up - AVALON
only one with any record of rebloom anywhere (CA rebloomer), right? ALL
MY DREAMS has an OR Aug blooming parent, I think.

I seem to be focusing more and more on yellow/orange/pink and their
amoenas, less on the blue amoenas/neglectas with rims. The SATURN cross
is just an experiment to see what happens when crossing a really smooth
hafted dark iris with a fairly messy one. SECRET RITES cross was one of
those why not crosses - it had pollen, IMM had flowers.

Waiting for the rest of you rebloom breeders to come up with some
parents that will "summer" bloom for me here that I can mix in. Or some
lucky accident of recessives/CA summer in my own seedlings that grows
well enough here to be a good summer parent.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7

JPEG image