AB: another AB seedling
  • Subject: AB: another AB seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@txol.net>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 07:46:12 -0600

Here's a not so pretty seedling photo. I acquired a plant as Kalifa's Robe
and that was incorrect, so this carries the label of 'not Kalifa's Robe' X
(Lights of Arabia x Desert Embroidery #2). My evaluation of the 'not
Kalifa's Robe' was that it was a likely quarterbred AB of some sort, or
possibly an IB. I think it is not SDB, BB, or TB. For me it has been very
difficult to get to pod, which fits both the AB- and IB categories. Because
the bloom is something of a coat of many colors I was interesting in trying.
If it is an AB- type, then this would be another of what I call a
'derivative'. If it is an IB, then the chromosomes may be even more jumbled
up. The results didn't answer the question. The bloom actually looks less
like an AB than the pod parent. It's the sort of thing I should trash and
not waste time with, but I'll probably daub around on it and see what
happens anyway.

I think I only had five new ABs bloom last year, so I may post them since
the photos have been slow lately.

Still drizzling this morning.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA