Re: Re: Where have all the images gone
  • Subject: Re: Re: Where have all the images gone
  • From: "Naomi" <naomimade@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:46:50 -0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

Good morning Robert, I'm relatively new to iris growing  ( 12 years ) but have become an avid iris collector and plan to hybridize someday.  I am also a member of a few of the Iris groups on Facebook.  There have been lengthy discussions on both of these sites about society membership and the number of judges in each as well as many topics about judging and judges training.
Your last sentence makes me wonder about Iris Societies as well as commercial growers using the Iris Wiki.  Can the 'satellite' societies advertise on the Iris Wiki?   Perhaps this could be another way to get more people interested in their local iris societies as well as the AIS.  I'm always telling people about our local iris society every time the subject of my iris addiction comes up.
I'm just getting my feet wet and am loving it, but I fear the number if growers and hybridizers had been dwindling in the past several years, or so it seems. ( horrifiying thought! )   &:-)