TB: what I like to see - Catch A Star
  • Subject: TB: what I like to see - Catch A Star
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:49:55 -0500

All the new plants go into 1 gallon pots, half filled with horse poop,
topped off with Miracle Gro potting mix. If/when the roots start coming
out the bottom of the pot, I move them to bigger pots (3 or 4 gal), same
potting routine.

I order really late from Schreiners, & their plants arrive pretty dried
up (i.e., no live roots) so they rarely have time to grow new roots
before I cover all the pots with Reemay for the winter. In the past,
it's been much too cold this time of year to re-pot anything, plus roots
usually aren't growing that much, but as I was weeding, I did re-pot a
few things with roots showing out the bottom.

But this one was so robust, it seemed worth sharing. Zero roots when
planted in late Sept/early Nov. Sorry, no pix available to show more
typical root growth & rot/spot/freeze damage to others, but most of you
know what that looks like already. ;-) Next time I weed, I take pix if
you really want to see....

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7b?

JPEG image

JPEG image