Re: RE: Iris Name?
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: RE: Iris Name?
  • From: AIS Janet Smith <gbyp456@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 07:54:34 -0800

One must also take into consideration the growing conditions (dirt) okay soil it was grown in.  I have experienced a named iris growing in my friends garden and I too grow it in mine.  The difference, she lives in the San Joaquin Valley floor I live in the mountains.  We compare blooms and they are not the same in brilliance, color (mine look more faded) etc.

Janet

Janet Smith
AIS Coordinator, Calendar, Digital Programs/Slides, Image/Photo, Photo Contest
Fresno Iris Society, Secretary 2014
P O Box 1585
Coarsegold, CA 93614-1585
559-683-0447 (home and fax)