A winter-blooming bub

I'm not familiar with any species of iris other than Tall Bearded.  What
species is this iris?

Seedling No 53-96-B gets a resounding YES vote from me.  I love the
coloring and it was a perfect picture.

I gather irishaven is in Australia.

Mickey Corley
Bethany, OK     Zone 6/7

===================================

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@egroups.com
>Hi folks,

Well, we were out at the garden yesterday and noticed a 1996 seedling in
bloom.

Today we went back out to the garden and Bernard took his new digital
camera with him so that we could share the bloom time with you all.

The parentage is Spring Tapestry x Rokki Rockwell and it's seedling No.
53/96-B.  See what you think. We quite like it.

Cheers for now,
Heather Pryor
irishaven@pip.com.au
Where mid winter (14th July) is only a few days away!
Visit our website at http://www.pip.com.au/~irishaven
<

Who invented Gatorade -- and what part did it play in
winning the1967 Orange Bowl? Find out the true facts at
http://click.egroups.com/1/6212/0/_/503733/_/962879781/