A winter-blooming bub

I sent this message privately to Heather at irishaven@pip.com.au on July 8-
It was returned to me yesterday.  I have no idea where it has been all this
time but did want Heather to receive it. Sorry about sending chatting
through this address.

Mickey Corley
Bethany OK      Zone 6/7
mcorley@compuserve.com

 Heather,

I need to check out some books and learn more about Louisiana iris as well
as other species of iris.  I have 3 kinds of iris besides bearded that I
have no idea what they are and need to learn.  I think one of them is a
Siberian iris, but I think the others may be native species from
'somewhere'.

I can't imagine anything blooming here in Oklahoma in mid-winter.  Doesn't
it freeze during the winter where you are located in Australia?

I've only been visiting Iris webpages for the past couple of months and
haven't visited as many sites as I would like.  I visited your website this
morning and was very impressed with the information in it.  I'm afraid the
conditions in my yard aren't suitable for Louisiana iris.  I've been trying
for years to get one bed acidic and moist  enough to grown azalea plants.
I got the impression, LA iris require similar conditions.  The eastern part
of Oklahoma is ideal but I live in the center of the state and our growing
conditions are quite different .

Thanks for replying - it's very special to 'talk' to someone from
Australia.

Mickey

Old school buds here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/7081/0/_/503733/_/964000182/