Re: TB: HIST: Unknown Iris

Mickey asks...

> > Can anyone give me a clue as to what iris this might be?
> >
> > This iris appeared in my flower bed 3 years ago.  I had never seen it
> > before nor can I find a description that fits it.  It is of medium height
> > and the coloring of the standards are slightly lighter - almost white than
> > shown in the photo.  This would be an older iris.
> >
> > I know the names and descriptions (not perfect)  of all the iris I've had
> > so perhaps I can match this to something I know I should have.

Amitola (Hans Peter Sass, 1936) is the closest match that I can come up with.

Melanie is not close.

There are not a huge number of iris to pick from that are of the
correct period and close to the color in your photos. It appears to
be a little older than when color photos started to routinely appear
in catalogs, so must be identified from personal collections of
photos or an excellent, encyclopedic color memory (I somewhat qualify
on the first -- totally bomb on the second!!!).

Mike,  mlowe@worldiris.com   --   http://www.worldiris.com
South Central Virginia, USA; USDA Zone 7A

@Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
Try @Backup FREE and receive 300 points from mypoints.com Install now: