[PHOTO] Gypsy woman | Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:01:56" />

[PHOTO] Gypsy woman

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Gypsy woman
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 01 11:01:11 -0000

Hi Guys,

Sorry about not posting any pics yesterday.  We were haying ALL day (till
9:00 p.m.), and I am currently NOT enjoying my typical post-haying near
death experience.  Since when has the phrase, "But I'm *just* a woman"
become so totally ineffectual in garnering even the slightest
gender-induced sympathy???  Perhaps if I actually wear a dress every now
and then, all these doggone males will forget I can throw bales with the
best of them.  LOL! (Ooooh, don't make me laugh.  It hurts!)

Enough of my little pity party.  Back to irises ...

GYPSY WOMAN (Schreiner, 1985) TB rebloomer

Rebloom reported in Ont., zone 5.
Such a lovely, large bloom this girl provides - such incredibly delicate
colors and form.  She bloomed very short hidden down in the fan this
first year, and I truly hope she grows up to display her elegant beauty
on taller stalks in the future.

zone 3b northern MN - clay soil