Re: Olympiad

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Olympiad
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 06:14:12 -0700

laurief wrote:
> OLYMPIAD (Joe Ghio, 1984) TB rebloomer
> Rebloom reported in CA, Australia, zone 9.
> This was absolutely awe-inspiring planted next to and blooming
> simultaneously with VANITY. Perfect for a meditation garden.

Olympiad is definitely a Dykes-class iris here in southern California.
It is no longer as distinctive as it used to be, but still a great
garden plant with excellent stalks. No rebloom for me, though.

Gerry, glad to see so many good pictures still coming in
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19