Fwd: [iris-talk] CULT:Scorch

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Fwd: [iris-talk] CULT:Scorch
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 20:39:47 -0500

	Actually, these photos were not copied from the site
of region 18 but rather they are pix that I posted to
iris photos of scorch in my garden.  The photos that
are on the Region 18 web site are the same photos,
mine.  The blurb under the pix on the region 18 web
site is incorrect.  The photos weren't taken in Dallas
but were taken at my garden in Lubbock.  However, the
quote under the photos really is mine <G>
	To try to answer Debi's question....when iris leaves
normally die back it is a different look.  When you
see scorch, you KNOW that the die back is not
natural...it looks sick. Normal die back DRIES up and
turns tan.  Scorch looks like something cut the leaves
down in their prime.  They don't dry up they DIE out.
Almost like a very high heat was taken to the plant
causing them to scorch.
	I realize that doesn't help much but to be honest
with you I hope I don't become any better acquainted
with it than I am already.

--
mailto:ddbro@llano.net
Dana Brown