[PHOTO] Faux Pas | Sun, 8 Jul 2001 07:28:34" />

[PHOTO] Faux Pas

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Faux Pas
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 01 07:27:30 -0000

FAUX PAS (Keith Keppel, 1990) BB rebloomer

Rebloom reported in CA, zones 8-10

I was extremely unimpressed with FP when it bloomed in my garden last
fall after July planting.  The flowers were small and horribly
disproportionate (tiny little standards over normal falls) - UGLY!  This
spring, however, this lovely iris earned full redemption in my eyes -
vigorous growth with LOTS of perfectly formed and proportionate flowers
that just kept blooming and blooming and blooming! I'm sure glad THAT
first impression turned out to be so completely and totally WRONG!