[PHOTO] Sugar Blues | Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:36:22" />

[PHOTO] Sugar Blues

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Sugar Blues
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 01 20:34:34 -0000

What a yummy surprise!  My first year plant of SUGAR BLUES decided to
bloom a full month after the other TBs.  And if anyone's looking for a
fragrant iris, look no further.  SB has such an incredibly strong, sweet,
bubble gum scent, it's all I can do to keep from ripping it off and
popping it into my mouth!  No other iris in my garden comes close to
matching this one for sheer deliciousness of aroma (not even the
sumptuous HONKY TONK BLUES).  I can't wait till this one forms a BIG
clump to fill the air with its bubble gum sweetness!  Mmmmmmmmmm.  AND
it's a rebloomer!

SUGAR BLUES (Lloyd Zurbrigg, 1985) M & RE

Rebloom reported in many states, Ont, Holland, zones 4-10