Re: Re: TB: Unknown burgundy

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Unknown burgundy
  • From: "Francesca R Thoolen" <irisgirl2@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:44:03 -0700

Neil, There are several ways to do this, but I would say the most accurate
way is to use a microscope and count chromosomes. For TBs,  if there is a
total of 24c then it is presumed diploid, if it has a count of 48c then it
is presumed tetraploid. Another way is using a petrie dish but I have never
done this, but may Harald Mathes might know. He is also on this web site.

Francesca
irisgirl2@home.com