Re: TB: Unknown burgundy

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Unknown burgundy
  • From: "brice rose" <iris@syix.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:59:46 -0700

Hi Mike,  I purchased  a border bearded at our iris club's sale on Sat. It's
name is Ruby Wilson and it was  Jim Denney's introduced by Jim McWhirter in
1989.  This is what the 1996 Sutton's catalog had to say.  s are velvety
deep maroon with cherry infusion f are darker, self beard. The catalog does
not mention the height of the plant or bloom time. I wanted to throw this
out to you. Brice Rose, on our way to a heat wave in Ca.