[PHOTO] Re: TB:Spanish Leather | Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:11:00" />

[PHOTO] Re: TB:Spanish Leather

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB:Spanish Leather
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" <clc@cherylleigh.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:34:33 -0400

Melanie,

I may or may not have Spanish Leather. I'm not sure! At the end of May I
posted a photo to this list which I had narrowed down to the following:

Caliente- deep wine red, bright gold beard, very vigorous, tall
Spanish Leather- rose/copper/henna/maroon blend, gold on hafts, gold
brds
Spiced Honey- cinnamon bronze, some blue on falls, yellow/orange beards
Struttin' High- orange brown, big orange red beards, large flowers

(Those are the descriptions I got with my rhizomes, from a friend.)

We ruled out Spiced Honey and Caliente- Caliente did eventually bloom
for me, another first-timer this year. That means it's Spanish Leather,
Struttin' High, or mislabeled. Hopefully someoen on the list has photos
that can help us both out!

Cheryl Leigh