Re: AB: Shondo

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] AB: Shondo
  • From: "Eleanor Cecchini" <eleanore@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:45:28 -0500

Evening Chris, Mark and all.  5 AB's, including Shondo were sent to me to
test, so I don't know how much aril any of them are.  Since all 5 survived
here over this past winter and terrible spring, I would suspect it is 1/4
bred.

The grass is called Ribbon Grass and is indeed invasive.  It can be
controlled, however, if you plant it in a pot and then 'plant' the pot.  It
still escapes from the bottom, but is not quite as hard to control.

El