Re: TB: Chinese Treasure

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Chinese Treasure
  • From: "brice rose" <iris@syix.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 16:42:09 -0700

Eleanor,  The good news is, is that B. W. is a wonderful iris. It substance
is like wax. Sometimes during our bloom time we can get some real heat for
Spring and it is just blooming away not letting the heat be a bother.  It is
by Hooker Nichols and won the Wister Medal a few years ago and I believe is
still in the running for the Dykes, but I'm not sure on that one.  She is a
wonderful iris for sure.  I would love to send you C.T. but I'm sorry , I
don't grow it.  I remember seeing a pic. of it in an old Schrieners catalog.