Re: New seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] New seedling
  • From: "Robert Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:01:56 -0700

Well Christy, my experience with JI's in north Idaho is similar. I only have
a couple, Sandsation and Jedo Jiman. Sandsation is now in a container with
good potting soil. Jedo Jiman is in a lined bed with good Palouse loess soil
mixed with lots of compost. They both grow somewhat weakly, but bloom. I
feed plenty, too, with acidifying foods. Trouble is, I want them to be
luxuriant like my TBs, SPUs, et al.

Ok, so here's a new hybrid idea for you for the north Idaho/northeast
Washington area: Louisiana x Japanese. You see, my LAs grow fine but never
bloom. The JIs bloom, but won't grow. Put these two together, and we'll have
possibly a workable plant for the area. ;-)

Bob Dickow