Re: JI Culture

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] JI Culture
  • From: "Bob & Donna Lockman" <thelockmans@tntie.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:35:28 -0400

My JI's are somewhat shorter this year also, except for two that I left in
pots on the top shelf in my pond. They did excellent! The others just out
side the pond on the lower side where my pond drain is (not enough rain for
it to drain this season) are the shorter, as you say weaker growing ones.
They bloom but on short stems. The bed was lined with left over pond liner
and filled with a mixture of red clay, humus rich acidy compost, alfalfa
pellets, and a very small amount of gypsyn. We use sludge compost in the
bed. I still do not think it stays moist enough for them. Was told that the
pond would be too wet but tried the two in in anyway and they are going to
town and need repoted already! What to do, what to do? Put more in the pond,
or try to get a more peaty soil in the bed for more moisture? Perhaps I will
do both. But will have to be fall before I can get to that job! I like
reading about the JIs thanks for the thread.
Donna
NCz7/8

Save on REALTOR Fees
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Xw80LD/h1ZEAA/Ey.GAA/2gGylB/TM