[PHOTO] Re: Pixie Won....Funky Genes? | Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:17:45" />

[PHOTO] Re: Pixie Won....Funky Genes?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Pixie Won....Funky Genes?
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 19:06:30 -0700

CHANCE BEAUTY is listed as psuedacorus X ensata though I have to wonder about the pedigree of the psuedacorus. (A HOLDEN CLOUGH derivative maybe?) This has gorgeous dark green leaves and is average height for psuedacorus with blooms large enough to be ensata.

I have HATSUHO and PIXIE WON and both show pathetic yellow green leaves. They're also more demanding, requiring the growing conditions of water lovers where CB is tough as nails and can handle quite a bit of drought and heat.

Christy
Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA