[PHOTO] Street Walker | Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:56:46" />

[PHOTO] Street Walker

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Street Walker
  • From: connollym@juno.com
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 16:57:31 -0400

Hi,  This is the first time I have tried to send a photo.  Hope it works.
The picture comes out a little darker than the flower actually is.
  Street Walker has been a favorite of mine for several years.  OK, so I
like gaudy.  Speaking of gaudy, here's a combination you might want to
avoid: Street Walker, Good Show (big, bright orange) and Loreley
(Historic).  And someone once said there is no combination of irises that
don't somehow look good together.
  I had intended to switch the locations of GS and SW in order to get GS
out of a group of pastels.  I tucked in GS but never did move SW. None of
the pastels bloomed this year  (TBs are a little iffy here), but the
above threesome did - together.  Uggggh!
   We are in Massachusetts, sandy, acid soil, no fertilizer last year,
and not much weeding.  Right now we are involved in Woodchuck Wars.
Magnificat does moles, mice, and chipmunks, but not woodchucks.
Marcia C.
Save on REALTOR Fees
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Xw80LD/h1ZEAA/Ey.GAA/2gGylB/TM