Re: Any idea?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Any idea?
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:21:14 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Sturtevant" <jms1027@c...>
wrote:
> Anybody have any idea what this beauty might be?  Lost the label
(actually I never expected it to live much less bloom for me!!!).
But it was quite a delight.

Jean,

I rather think it closer to FALCON'S BROTHER than CINNAMON STICK.
The standards (cinnamon sticks) don't show the yellow that is
displayed in your photo.  However, I don't grow spurias in great
numbers and there are likely other possibilities out there.  Bob
Dickow might have a good suggestion or two.  How did you acquire
this one?  If it is a first year plant, it will likely just get
better and better in future seasons.  Spurias seem to take some time
to get started here, but seem to improve indefinitely without moving
them.  I think I posted a photo of FALCON'S BROTHER in May.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net

Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM