Re: Any idea?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Any idea?
  • From: "nebrjean1027" jms1027@cableone.net
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 03:49:30 -0000

<jms1027@c...>
> wrote:
> > Anybody have any idea what this beauty might be?  Lost the label
> (actually I never expected it to live much less bloom for me!!!).
> But it was quite a delight.
>
> Jean,
>
> I rather think it closer to FALCON'S BROTHER than CINNAMON STICK.
> The standards (cinnamon sticks) don't show the yellow that is
> displayed in your photo.  However, I don't grow spurias in great
> numbers and there are likely other possibilities out there.  Bob
> Dickow might have a good suggestion or two.  How did you acquire
> this one?  If it is a first year plant, it will likely just get
> better and better in future seasons.  Spurias seem to take some
time
> to get started here, but seem to improve indefinitely without
moving
> them.  I think I posted a photo of FALCON'S BROTHER in May.
>
> Donald Eaves
> donald@e...

Don,
I think you are right.  I am also going to ask around our local group
as I am sure it was either a "give-away" plant that we buy for
workers at our show and auction OR the person that did the buying for
the auction last year bought some spurias for that.  I just can't
remember.  Didn't expect it to live, much less bloom.  But I am
delighted.  Thanks for your help.

Jean

Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM