  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB HIST: LOUVOIS
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:48:38 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Darlington
<chris.darlington@s...> wrote:  "A fine historic, LOUVOIS.  This one
seems to age better than some of the others.  It has a permanant
place in the mixed bed on the side of my house."

Thank you for posting this very good photo of LOUVOIS.  At one time I
grew this and loved it.  I've never seen another quite like it--the
particular tone, color and character have never appeared in modern
sorts to my knowledge.  I've thought about trying to locate a source.
(I'm not asking for it--please understand.  I'm full to overflowing
for the moment anyway.)

Louvois would be a worthy addition even to a modern iris garden to my
notion.  Another of my favorites seems to have vanished into the mist
of time---LA NEIGE.  That classy, classic-formed very white self had
character and quality in as high a degree as one could desire.  You
don't know if anyone still grows it, do you?

Neil Mogensen  zone 7 western NC, USA

Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!