Re: last man standing

This must be a northern iris even though bred in CA.  I have grown seven of Sutton's irises in my guest bed.  Alabaster Unicorn, Bye Bye Blues, Freedom Flight and Iron Eagle have done supurbly.  Eagle Landing pineappled badly.  Heartbreak Hotel grew poorly and bloomed out.  Devonshire Cream made a weak clump which bloomed a very short stalk last year and none this year.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ where irises have to endure 3 to 4 months of temperatures above 110 degrees F.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] last man standing

No Bill, I don't have FREE SPACE.  I find DEVONSHIRE CREAM to be a fine
Iris in all ways.  It's large with  triple socketed buds, has great form
and substance, good branching, increases very well here and it's darn
right attractive.  This one settled right in here without a problem.

Maybe it blooms too late in the season for the judges to see.

Merci,
Chris
Lafontaine, Quebec 4b

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor