re: Drinks at Sunset

  • Subject: [iris-photos] re: Drinks at Sunset
  • From: "Robin Shadlow" rshadlow@wildmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:30:33 -0500

Hi Jean,

It's simple, I cheat.  Not really, I love Barry Blyth's
irises so much that I ordered some the last two winters
 from him.  They are quite confused at the change in
hemisphere and decide it must be time to bloom sooner than
they would in Australia (their season is September.)

It does take awhile to acclimate them to Nebraska.  Thanks
goodness some kind person warned me that their first bloom
is not typical.  I would have been pretty disappointed for
no reason.

The first July they have shorter stalks, smaller blooms and
low bud count.  Then the next spring they are more adjusted
and bloom more closely to what their potential is.

This July bloom is doing nothing to help with this
addiction though.  You have to keep ordering year after
year to get the July bloom.  Guess I'll just have to suffer
through it and keep on ordering.

Robin Shadlow
zone 5  NE

Help the planet each day! It's free and easy:

Buy Ink Cartridges at Myinks.com - Save 80%. Quality inkjet cartridges &
refill kits! FREE s/h on $50 orders to the US & Canada. Fast shipping.