[PHOTO] Re: Yahoo! Photos: junemastrandrea's photo(s) | Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:28:07" />

[PHOTO] Re: Yahoo! Photos: junemastrandrea's photo(s)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Yahoo! Photos: junemastrandrea's photo(s)
  • From: Kenneth Walker kenww@pacbell.net
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:27:20 -0700

That was my impression also. Botanists place walking iris
in the genus Neomarica, so in some sense they are not
"true" iris, but they are very close relatives. Here is a
picture of Neomarica caerulea next to my house. I took
the photo last week. I should have some more blooms
open tomorrow. The blossom stalk is about 5 feet
high. I think some other species of walking iris are shorter.

Ken Walker
Concord, CA USA
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 14

Jelcy Romberg wrote:

>Looks like one.  i think it's called a Walking  Iris,  Is it yellow?
>Sorta hard to tell in the photo

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM