[PHOTO] seedling | Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:50:30" />

[PHOTO] seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:49:17 -0500

Here's a seedling that hasn't been tossed yet.  I question whether the cross
is a true one, but after three years all the seedlings from the cross rarely
produce pollen.  They have set pods, but the seed count has been low.  Great
substance on the whole cross and all have the bright red and red-orange
beards.  Good enough and dependable with blooms, so this and the siblings
have escaped the compost pile.  The bed needs digging and replanting, so
they are on my mind at the moment.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 8, USA