Re: COMP: Irisregister

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] COMP: Irisregister
  • From: John Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:43:59 -0700

Cathy,

Good questions, see below:

Catherine Button wrote:

> 1. Will the old checklist data ever be added? I realize the old names
> are there. And also that the older ones may not have an electronic
> version available anywhere, so adding them by hand (by typing or by
> scanning and correcting/proofing) would be a HUGE job so I was curious
> if that was the reason.

Yes, next up is the 1959. It is the same process we had to go through
for the '89 and '79. Scan, do optical character recognition, proof read,
correct, add tabs, add it in the database.  The 1999 was in electronic
form already so the job was easier.

When Mike Lowe takes over as Registrar, we will start adding the Annual
R& Is for 2000 & up. Schedule undetermined, btu we need to look at
whether AIS has recovered the cost of printing the  2000, 2001 etc. So
they will probably be phased in over time.

> 2. Would it be possible, in the future anyway, to be able to pay for a
> subscription to the checklist at the same time as paying AIS membership
> dues?

Possible certainly. When, probably not for a while. Online credit card
transactions require management. I know Pay Pay, Yahoo etc are
available, but they cost and take some management. Sooner or later we
will get there (when I have less on my plate)

> And could one pay $30 to get it for 3 years at the same time? Have
> to admit, my memory for doing this stuff is virtually non-existant so
> any helper would be great.

Yes, you can pay as far ahead as you want. At the Fall board meeting we
will be discussing a lifetime membership to irisregister.

> 3. Is the plan for the checklist for the 1999 checklist to make it
> downloadable once the 2009 checklist is out and/or sold out in hardcopy?
>    Just seems like there was some discussion about this a while back.

Probably sooner than that, but certainly at that point. Depends to some
extent on when AIS recovers the cost of printing the '99 Check List.

--

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA