AB: Ode To Kalifa

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] AB: Ode To Kalifa
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.net>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:39:43 -0700

The official Checklist describes this as "OGB-  (Walter Moores. 1978). 16" S. pale blue, flecked olive and dark blue; F. olive, flecked dark blue; burnt orange beard tipped white."

This pampered doll has been in the greenhouse, protected from the weather, and shows a softer color without the dark flecks. (You might notice the anthers are missing. :-))  Except for the flecking, it matches the description almost perfectly (greenhouse height is 18") so it's a pretty safe bet that the streaking and spotting seen on ABs at times is a reaction to climate and not virus.

2 more starts are planted in the garden and should bloom next season giving an ideal comparison of weather related color.

Christy

Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA