TB: IC-1 ("Stumpy")

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: IC-1 ("Stumpy")
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:36:49 -0400

No, it's a TB, about 35 inches when it isn't stunted by our infernal
late winter/early spring freezes.  Interestingly, the clump at the stump
was stunted, but the ones at the house weren't.  At the house, they are
partially protected from morning sun by low branches from an elm.

Here's another photo of it that the guys at Superstition took of it for
me in their garden during the convention in California this spring.
Much closer to its true color.

I don't know what to do with it.  I've shared it with a couple of local
hybridizers in our club (Jim Ennenga & Tom Parkhill) to see what they
think of it and the judges at our spring show also offered to trial it
for me in South Carolina.  I don't know how to decide whether it's worth
introducing or not, but for now, have decided to wait to hear from these
folks and also wait to see what kind of seedlings it produces.  How do
you decide what/whether to introduce?

<That's a pretty clump, Linda.  Is it a border bearded and do you have
any
                   introduction plans?  --  Griff>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8