Re: Newbie

Ha ha...Hopefully I'm doing something right.  I just love these flowers.

Thanks.  I'm in Southern Indiana near Louisville, Ky (zone 5/6) and, of course, the Iris have been finished blooming here for well over a month.  I've had my stalks cut off for some time except for a few that had pods on them.  I checked a few yesterday and they had no seeds so I cut them all (none of which had seeds).

When you say dormant do you mean that time between bloom and when they start to grow?  Mine have started sending up babies (if that's the right term) in the past week or two.

So you're saying in your opinion that the "top soil" is probably fine for them?  If I do that again I'm thinking of adding some sand to help with drainage and possibly some peat moss or something like that.

Thanks for your help.

Rob

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here