Split personality

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Split personality
  • From: Christopher Darlington <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:46:32 -0400

I thought I'd share this strange occurrence that happened on the same
stalk of an old historic that I grow here.  Last year this bloomed as a
nice old floppy varigata and it did so again this year until the second
bud opened which was completely different in form and color.  The second
bloom was light lavender with the oldest form and thinnest white beards
I've ever seen.  Half the blooms on all of the stalks ended up being
mixed with the final bloom stuck in between.  This plant just couldn't
make up about it current identity crisis.

I've never seen anything like this and am itching as to whether this
plant with do this again next year.  If it does, I'm in possession of a
mighty interesting and unique unknown cultivar.

Any comments ?

Lafontaine, Quebec 4b

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image