RE: Re: HYB: Spartan

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Spartan
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:02:27 -0700

Those unplanned crosses can result in some big surprises.  One of my nicest seedlings came from just two pretty blossoms opening at the same time, and I didn’t have anything else to do.  Most of my HYB plans burned up in the Arizona heat this spring.  Half my seeds are from plicatas.  I have no goals involving plicatas, but with parents like Broadband, Lovely Dawn, Epicenter, Fancy Woman and a red seedling out of New Leaf X Ring Around Rosie, I may have some interesting flowers.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9