Re: TB: Charleston and more Charleston

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Charleston and more Charleston
  • From: "Robin Shadlow" <rshadlow@wildmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:42:11 -0700

Colleen asked about what makes Charleston outstanding.
Sorry it took me awhile to answer, I've been pushing to get
all of my seedlings set out.

I like its pattern and white beard.  The lace is an added
bonus, and if you look closely it has small white markings
in the lace.  It is also quite dark.  It has grown quite
well here and seems to be a healthy vigourous plant, though
I do seem to recall that there was at least one report of
rot from the south. And definetly no complaints in the
floriferousness department.  It has held up well to our
over abundant rains this year which are continuing even as
it heats up.  It is also a interesting parent as it
produces some yellow grounds.

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

waiting for the thunderstorm du jour

Good People. Great Causes. Get Connected on Care2 Connect:

Yahoo! Groups Links