a bit more than double

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] a bit more than double
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:44:18 -0500

CITY LIGHTS, a Dunn TB that is nearly an exact match in color for our native
Texas bluebonnets.  Unfortunately, it usually tries to bloom early and the
result has been a late frost guaranteeing stalks that don't get much taller
than the bluebonnets.  This was the first year that it's ever managed to get
into the TB height range.  I like the color and pattern so well that it'll
probably be here for a while just to enjoy on those years when it escapes
the frost damage.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA