reverse stripes [was Bengal Tiger]

  • Subject: [iris-photos] reverse stripes [was Bengal Tiger]
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:02:28 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:02:28 -0600

Then there are those with stripes that are light on a dark background.  I believe these are all technically luminatas, but many have the pattern reaching right up to the beard so often do not get called luminatas.  On these the dark color is often broken up somewhat so the effect isn't always as bold as on those with the solid dark stripes following the veins, but some of them are very bold and striking.  These have a totally different look to them, and while I call them all luminatas in my notes, they are definitely striped as well.

A number have the similar colors as 'Bengal Tiger', and look much the same, but the color pattern on the falls is the reverse

Donald's photo of 'Chutney' shows one of these.  Here is a list of a few others (wish I had my own photos to post, but perhaps some others will have some of them).

Aladdin's Wish
Aribi Pasha
Boogie Woogie
Charged Up (striping is faint but pretty)
Classic Suede
Colortart
Cuba Libre
Double Vision
Fancy Dress
Filibuster
Jitterbug
Laugh Lines
Lightning Streak
Lightspeed
Mind Reader
Moonlit Sea
Queen in Calico
Private Treasure (another faint one, but in golden orangey yellow this time)
Shakedown
Shine on Thru
Silent Wings
Spirit World
Splashcata (actually more speckled, but I think the pattern is made the same way?)
Splash of Raspberry (another faint one)
Stage Lights
Step Beyond
Tobasco
Vapor

Zandria combines dark veins at the haft with luminata on the outer half, but the dark veins produce the main striping affect.  There are lots of cultivars with patterns similar to this one.

And so on.

Dave

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here