Re: Please help identify

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Please help identify
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:02:44 +0000

Your other pictures definitely show it isn't Michigan Pride.  Here's my photo of Rush Creek.  What do you think?

Bob

Thanks Harold and thanks Bob,
I don't think it is either.
I found I had a 2nd picture of this iris in my garden... and somewhere in the back of my mind, I was wondering if it might be Rush Creek. My two pictures have the row of amarillo plant leaves in the background, the 3rd picture, #A-8, was taken in a Missouri garden and was identified as Rush Creek.
What do you all think? Notice how the beard color is slightly different on my two photos, even though it is from the same plant, same stalk, different bloom. The bloom from Missouri has a more prominent beard, and the edging on the falls is more distinct. I'm leaning 95% for sure it is Rush Creek. (And I was going to throw it away?) I'm glad I went searching.
Thanks.
Kitty

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here