WEBSPUN for Dave

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] WEBSPUN for Dave
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:10:58 -0500

Do you grow this one, Dave?  I think something different is probably at work
on this and on some of its relations listed on your list such as STRIPED
BUTTERFLY and OLIVE ORCHID.  RED BUTTERFLY and SCARLET BUTTERFLY are also
striped relations.  The ancestor they have in common is 'Butterfly Wings',
but not the one listed in the R&I books.  I am currently growing the
ancestor and the descendants.  Based on the similar expression of the
stripes among them, I would guess their stripes are not derived in the same
manner as on some of the others from the list.  The effect is different from
those, but that effect is shared among the kin.

Great substance on this historic, BTW.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA