Re: [iris] RE: AIS-question convention plant

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: [iris] RE: AIS-question convention plant
  • From: "Lobergs" <loberg@adelphia.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:22:00 -0700

Yes, about half.  The digging at guest gardens began in June, irises began to arrive in flat-bed truck loads, some trimmed, some not, and after volunteers finished trimming and labeling, we sorted by year and hybridizer, so that varieties could be brought together.   That way we could identify those which needed to be held back and returned.   Irises were then selected from all remaining hybridizers, years and varieties (the huge assortment)  to make large collections which went to our societies in Region 14.   Kitty

Sadly thats what,about half?
Michael

Lobergs wrote:
We've been discussing convention irises on iris-talk, and I wanted to post these pictures showing the magnitude of work managing irises after a National convention so that everyone can see.   I'll put my comments back over on iris-talk.
Kitty

Yahoo! Groups Links