A few pictures

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] A few pictures
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 05:22:43 -0700 (PDT)

Someone mentioned that the photos were slowing done so
I looked back over my folders of iris pictures and
thought maybe I'd missed sending these two.
The first is MUSKOKA SUNSET which came to me as a gift
in an order. It's turned out to be very happy here,
even thriving in competition with a whole lot of
weeds. I'm not sure, but I think it's shorter blue
neighbor is SONATA IN BLUE.
The second image I might have already sent, but I'm
sending again if so... because the more I see this one
the more it grows on me. It's a bearded species-X
seedling from the white Iris pallida 'Kupari'
pollinated by Iris variegata. It would be most at home
amongst really old historics, since it has similar
parentage and form. Last year I was paying more
attention to one of its more brightly-colored
siblings. I guess what's been growing on me about this
one, is its subtlety.