Re: Seedling 98-134

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Seedling 98-134
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:18:36 -0700 (PDT)

Bob,

I don't think she is plain.  That row shot is quite impressive.  I like the color and it seems to be a nice visible iris in the garden.  I also don't think every iris must have ruffles or lace.  The tailored ones sometimes show off their colors more.  I also do a lot of artistic arrangments and like variations in size, style, color, pattern, etc.

I am in favor of any nice iris which expands/extends the bloom season.  Those rose people who got roses to bloom year round instead of for 2 weeks did it by getting some to bloom later or earlier than the rest and continuing on from there.  We need to do that.  Rebloomers can't do it all.  I think we need to push the VE and VL iris.

Jan in Chatsworth

iris4u2@comcast.net wrote:
Betty, the others are finishing up where as 98-134 is just starting the photo.

Bob in Denver