Re: HYB:Freeze to Freeze

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]HYB:Freeze to Freeze
  • From: Bill Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:05:48 -0500

Hi, Betty,

I'm not a pollen dauber, but still wanted to second your suggestion. I
would love to see lots of hybridizers having as one of their goals
producing irises that extend the blooming season. Lots of potential
there, it seems to me.

As a grower, I try to achieve that effect, of course, by trying
different classes - getting a little earlier start with the medians and
trying some of the other species and beardless types. But it is a thrill
when the TBs give me the occasional extra bloom beyond my "normal" bloom
season.

Bill Wells (in southern MO where, with a couple of fair recent rains,
the daylilies are making a valiant effort to rebound after the
devastating heat and lack of moisture so far this year)

Yahoo! Groups Links