Spec-X: Seedlings

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Spec-X: Seedlings
  • From: "Hensler" hensler@povn.net
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:58:41 -0700

A few new faces from the seedling beds follow. These are 3rd generation JI-type JI-SIB. Height and color range are both improved. These measure about 4' tall in good (not great) soil with average water. Selected individuals are being crossed to the seedling out of SIB-type X JI-type.
One of the F1 JI-type seedlings is in bloom at my parents place in Odessa, WA. The clumps, planted a few years ago, had increased nicely when I checked them this spring. Soil ph measured 7.6 and the plants are given average care and watered only when the lawn is watered.
Newport, WA

JPEG image