SHOW: Best Seedling--B117A

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SHOW: Best Seedling--B117A
  • From: "Cordesview" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:31:02 -0400

I brought the one and only seedling shown at our Iris Show on June 18, 2005.  I was given a piece of this seedling by Paul Black from Mid-America Garden in 2003.  This year (2005) was it's first bloom in Michigan.

The goal was to see how well the Pink Plicata genes would survive our MI winters, and after 2 growing seasons, I'd have to rate it an 8 on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 the highest.  In Oregon, this seedling had 3 stalks per fan, and about 8 - 10 buds.  I never got the 3 stalks per fan, but I did have 10 buds on one stalk, which carried 3 branches and 2 spurs.  :-)

Here's a photo of the stalk I took to the show (which didn't have as many buds as the one afore-mentioned).  Will send a closeup after breakfast!

"Kudos" to Paul Black, who tossed out this seedling last year . . . Now I'm the only one who has it.  ;-)  :-)  We had some good laughs about that!

Adam~

Adam Cordes
President -- Mio Iriarians
Hillman, Michigan