Surprise winter bloom

We have a garden on the south side (shady side) of our house where we tend to slip in odd pieces of plants.
When this started to head up a while ago I was curious as to what it would be, especially when it showed frilly creamy buds. I was very surprised when it open to be WHITE LIGHTNING. It's not real rebloom as this piece didn't flower in spring. However since it has had almost no sun on it, it has shown all it's colours nicely, such as a faint yellow edge. It's a bit weather beaten, hail, wind rain etc but still looks lovely. One of my favourite oldies.
Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills AUST
zone 8/9

JPEG image