Re: RE: OT Digital Camera Memory Card

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE: OT Digital Camera Memory Card
  • From: Anita Moran avmoran1@earthlink.net
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:56:48 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Title: Message
And any with digitals storage media floppy to cd has an average life span of from 1 to three years.
maybe 5 for cds but I would not push it beyond that.  The Compact Disks and XD disk so far (crossing fingers and knocking on wood) have on average lasted me two years and I replace them.  I still use the old one but for carrying data I already have from place to place and not for collecting.
I wish that they wanted to know what when on but that's usually not the case.  they'll put in a new chip and resale it as a refab for less money but nearly the cost of the original.
refabs are fine because of the new chip and for me at least seem to last the same amount of time.