RE: RE; Splashacato

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] RE; Splashacato
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:09:20 -0700

Title: Message

Another beautiful Dykes medal winner that I can’t grow!  I planted it in my guest garden in 2001.  It bloomed once then I fought rot and failure to thrive for one and a half years.  Then it pineappled and bloomed out.  I am really frustrated at not being able to grow Dykes medal winners.  Yaquina Blue is alive but didn’t bloom here this year.  I thought it would do better at the mountain cabin.  It bloomed out up there this spring.  The only one I still have growing decently is Conjuration.  Even Stairway to Heaven pineappled out this spring.

My irises have had to endure temperatures of above 110 degrees for two weeks now.  It was 115 yesterday.  I have shade cover over some of them and those are still green.  The rest are quite brown.  I have to be very careful about watering them or they will rot.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9