Re: TB: Slovak Prince

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: Slovak Prince
  • From: "jgcrump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:34:56 -0400

Andi  --  SLOVAK PRINCE grows very well here.  I have just harvested two nice pods from it (one 75 seeds, one 37), crossed with two sibling seedlings of mine (attached).  They could use SP's broader falls, and the gilt edge on the standards would be icing on the cake.  Why cross these seedlings with SP?  Because in their background, one generation back, there is an unusual deep blue, and I would like to see how it interacts with SP.  It will also be interesting to see how SP's haft marks fare in the progeny.  --  Griff
zone 7 in Virginia